Who we are
Our website address is: https://stoccohomes.ca.
This policy is effective as of May 16, 2021.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you when you provide it to us and when you use Stocco Homes, as described below.
Information you provide to us
We collect information about you that you provide to us:
- Basic Account information: If you email us through the contact form.
- Communications with us: If you contact us via the Contact form, e-mail or social media, this information is collected.
Information we collect automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Logs: Like most services, we log access to our services in log files. This data includes date and time of access, IP address, browser user agent and the page visited.
- Usage information: We collect information on how you are using Stocco Homes.
Information we receive from other sources
In using Google Analytics, Stocco Homes employs the “anonymizeIp” feature which masks part of your IP address before storing or processing it.
Our Google Analytics is configured to disable all data sharing options (i.e. our Google Analytics data is not shared with other Google products and services). Google Analytics’ advertising features are also disabled (i.e. Remarketing and Advertising Reporting features).
You can disable Google Analytics tracking completely by using the Google Analytics Opt-out browser add-on.
How do we use this information?
We use the information mentioned above:
- To provide and personalize Stocco Homes: We use your information to provide services to you (e.g. monitoring alerts) and to personalize your Stocco Homes experience.
- To communicate with you about Stocco Homes: We use your contact information to send you e-mail directly relating to Stocco Homes (e.g. monitored page alerts). I
- To resolve customer support issues: When you contact us for support, we may use your information to help resolve your problem.
- To improve Stocco Homes: We use usage information and customer feedback to identify issues with Stocco Homes and make improvements to the service.
- To monitor and prevent security issues with Stocco Homes: We use logs and usage information to monitor for suspicious or fraudulent activity.
Do we share this information?
We do not share, sell, rent or trade your private personal information with third parties without your consent, except in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers working on our behalf (Sub-processors): We use third-party Service Providers to provide specific services for Stocco Homes. The following third-parties have limited access to your information:
- Google Analytic (Cookies, tracking codes)
- Green Geeks (Hosting and Email Hosting)
- To comply with Laws: If we receive a request for information, we may disclose information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
How do we store and secure this information?
Information storage and security
No service is 100% secure, but we work hard to ensure that we use best security practices when processing your information. Your information is stored as long as necessary at the following locations:
- Customer support communications: Green Geeks Email Hosting (United States)
We do not store credit card information or any other sensitive information on our own servers.
Update and deletion of information
The following data can be accessed and updated:
- General account information: We do not let you register an account on our web page, no access to updating your account or profile is needed.
If you would like to update/delete specific data or completely delete your account, please contact us. Note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes.
How to contact us
Stocco Construction Co. Ltd.,
508 – 1515 Broadway St, Port Coquitlam,
BC V3C 6M2